When I told my dad we were going to Uganda again, he said," Oh that must be nice, to have the money to do that," with a slightly detectable sense of resentment in his voice. It stung. I told him that we DIDN'T, but were raising money as usual. My dad loves and supports me, but I know he must think we're foolish. Even sometimes I think I'm foolish. We've had a couple of great donors, but one can tell that around the holidays, and with the economy in this states, people are having a tough year. But I know that God will provide, and even if most of it comes out of pocket it is worth it. We will make it work. The part I most want to see take off will be if we can finally get the non-profit set up for the boys' home when we are back. Speaking of, anyone have an old beat up DSLR they wanna let me borrow to take to another country to gather good photos/profiles of the boys? Ha.
Enough wishing. Let me leave you with a little note of praise for what we HAVE gotten done so far... I am so excited about implementing this! If you have donated then THANK YOU for helping us with these projects and I will post pics after we get everything to UG!
- Purchased and cut PVC pipe to create parallel bars (therapy equipment for Ekisa)
- Baby rattles, blocks, a swiss ball and play mats for therapy sessions (Ekisa and Kaihura)
- Webbing/clamps to *hopefully* set up a therapeutic platform swing (Ekisa, pending available materials and lumber in Jinja)
- Clothing for boys home
- Vitamins for Racham Ministries
- Binders with pictures and how-to for pediatric therapy exercises
Can't wait to get everything over there!
Wish list if anyone wants to know what your money may go to:
- lumber/building supplies for Ekisa swing
- Well building project - go to www.knowthinkact.org and view the Action Group "Nashville Cares"- you can join the group and donate directly to any project on the site!
- therapy ball- would like to buy one more, on sale for $10
- Gummy vitamins per Racham Ministries request- $10/tub
More updates soon! Keep us in your prayers!
love love love.